Friday, July 4, 2008

SOME OF THIS AND SOME OF THAT


Well boys and girls let me start off by wishing everybody a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday. On this Independence Day, I challenge all of you to rid yourselves of something you are dependant on. Whether it be smoking, drinking, or listening to Tha Carter III, really declare your Independence today.

Moving on, its time for a new installment of my polls. This time I am going to explore the what should be the best hip-hop and rock collaboration. I had to be very careful when deciding upon a criteria for this category. First of all, Run DMC and Aerosmith's hook up on the classic "Walk This Way" could not be eligible, because it is probably the best of all time, so there would be no argument. Also, "mash-ups" are not eligible because I feel both artists should be in the studio with each other at the same time for it to be authentic (Sorry Hova, Linkin Park, Ludacris, Sum 41, and Travis Barker). Lastly, the song had to have originally verses coming from both ends of the cooperative, so that scratches Kanye and Chris Martin's "Homecoming" because Kanye dropped a more soulful (and honestly a much better) version of that song with John Legend singing the hook years ago. So that leaves me narrowed down to my top five. I hit you all with the hyperlink for all of them down low, and you leave your vote on the poll. I'm even gonna hit you with that old Kanye and John Legend "Home" so you can decide which version is better and I'll put a poll up to see the results. It's a holiday, why wouldn't I hit you with a bonus poll. Oh yeah...I also reopened my other polls so feel free to vote on those too if you didn't before. Enjoy.

POLL # 1






POLL #2


No comments: