Friday, May 30, 2008

ANTICIPATION




What's good everybody. Just got back from va-ca in Orlando, Florida, and the batteries are fully recharged. Is everybody ready? Is it really gonna happen? June 11th is less than 2 weeks away and there are no talks of a push back of "The Carter III"(shocking!!!). So I guess that means its actually coming out. Will it be a five mic classic? It better be with all the hype surrounding this thing for the last two years. You would think Dre was dropping "Detox" (for real Dre drop that shit).

You think Lil Wayne is a lil nervous right now? He's got a lot of pressure right now, this album better be track to track heat. I am in no way a fan of Lil Wayne, but I will say that all the hype and hoopla has got me intrigued to hear what the album sounds like. I will listen to it, not purchase it. The title "best rapper alive" carries some responsibility, need at least one classic album to put yourself in that ranking, and even then you have to show consistency. For example, all of Kanye's albums are considered classic, or at least close to classic, and in no way would I consider Kanye to even be in the argument for best rapper alive. Not while "the R" and "the Teacher" are still breathing.

Well Wayne, I guess what I am saying is good luck, I hope you can back up all of your talk. If not this whole thing was brilliant because I'm sure you will still have high first week sales off of hype alone. Anyone remember when the XFL started playing games or the "Godzilla" remake starring Matthew Broderick? Precisely.

Sean Combs ft. Jimmy Page - "Come To Me"



No comments: