Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SUPER TUESDAY



June 10 is finally here, and I'm shocked. I thought I would wake up to mass rioting, babies crying, and zoo animals running wild, but it was pretty quiet. As you all know Lil' Wayne's highly anticipated Tha Carter III officially dropped today along with two other high profile albums (N.E.R.D.'s Seeing Sounds and Plies' Definition of Real). In my world Plies doesn't exist, so it was just Weezy and N.E.R.D. I wanted to see how high these two would make it up my list to the right of the top albums of 2008 so far, so I waited till midnight and listened to them both on iTunes secretly hoping there was more to them than what got leaked. The leak was it for both of them, not much more. So I ranked them both #9 and #10 respectively, they could be bumped of the list totally by the time the Game, Nas, and Busta all drop in July. N.E.R.D. I'm not so shocked in their underachievement because none of their albums have impressed me thus far, but Weezy...damn man your ad says "best rapper alive!" Still no classic for you, can't wait to hear Tha Carter IV homie.

The suprise of the day came from an album, I honestly didn't know was coming out. I had some tracks from it, but I just thought maybe it was a mixtape. It's Little Brother's And Justus For All. They always seem to impress me with their refreshing simplicity, just like A Tribe Called Quest used to. Phonte and Pooh might have the most consistent chemistry for any group out there, they are just themselves on a record. They debuted at #3 on my charts. So if you all get bored with "Lollipop", "Everybody Nose", and whatever it is that Plies does, check out Little Brother. I'll even hit you with a taste.

No comments: