Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DEADLY DUETS


You would think with it being summer and all I would have more time to work on this blog, but it is the opposite, but Imma still give you what I got. So last weeks poll is over with the numbers coming in at an overwhelming 2 VOTES (wow I'm great) with one vote being mine. Another dead heat, with my vote going to the Wu-Tang Clan and the other going to The Roc. Ya'll know the rules concerning a tie here: my blog, my pick wins. So congratulations to Meth, Ghost, Rae, Rza, Gza, ODB, Deck, Masta Killa, and U-God you win the meaningless award of best family cut on my site. Please don't wait by your mailboxes for any sort of proclamation, for you will be sadly disappointed. For any doubters, "Triumph" was the shit.

Since we just observed what would have been the 37th birthday of the iconic Tupac Amaru Shakur this past week, and that man has released more albums dead than he did alive, I thought a perfect poll subject would be to wonder what is the best posthumous duet. Since I believe that Natalie Cole and Nat "King" Cole's unforgettable duet of...well..."Unforgettable" is possible the greatest of all time, I am declaring it ineligible for this poll. It's also don't a representative of this hip-hop culture. I think Ms. Cole would have a fit if Lil Kim moaned in the background of her father's vocals during any attempt at a hip-hop remake of his music. I hope I get a better turnout this time, because I really like this poll topic. I really didn't know who to vote for, so I would really like to see who people think the winner is. Same format as always, I rank 'em, you listen and vote.





No comments: